Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Texas Marathon


I ran the Texas Marathon in Kingwood this morning.  The weather ended up being fairly nice.  It was in the 50's throughout the race, with occasional light rain.  The course is 4 loops on a 6.55-mile concrete trail.  I feel really beat up tonight.  Last year, I ran it with pulled hamstrings in 7:21, after running it the previous years in 6:06, 6:07 and 6:08.  While I do not have the pain from the hamstring pulls, I do not think that I have my strength back.  I forgot to set my watch today, but I think my time was about 7:06.  I was really disappointed with that.  I sure got to visit with many good friends and that made it worthwhile.  As usual for the Texas Marathon, the finisher medal was enormous.  They said that it weighs 3.3 pounds.  On the way home, my son called me and asked me if I would stop in Conroe and pick up his girlfriend from work at the outlet mall and give her a ride back to Huntsville.  Then, my wife called and wanted me to pick up something at a department store in Conroe.  So, I went to the department store, ate at McDonalds and then slept in my truck in the outlet mall parking lot until my son's girlfriend got off of work at 6:15.  Long day.

No comments: